Saturday, October 22, 2005

Dante's Revenge

Okay - I told you they'd get harder. The last quotation was indeed Dante. It's most frequently identified, at least these days, in relation to JFK, who spoke the famous sentence at the signing of a charter establishing the German Peace Corps in 1963.

And now, a lesser known quotation from a very famous writer:

"I write entirely to find out what I'm thinking, what I'm looking at, what I see and what it means. What I want and what I fear."

Comments, remarks, agitations, guesses, imprecations are welcome. And no, Jon, you can't have any cookies.

2 comments:

Aquaryan said...

Can I have the cookies, then? I mean I cannot figure out these quotes at all...

All is well with me...I have moved into a great new place that over looks the mountains (for now, until they build another place in front of my window).

Jon The Crime Spree Guy said...

I cheated and googled.

I agree with Fred. It sounds like writing I would never want to read.

By the way, anybody in the Milwaukee Wi area, Gregg will be here signgin books on Nov 12!!!