Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Best Reader Email of All Time

Subject line: DO NO HARM saves reader's dog

Dear Mr. Hurwitz:

I got into your books just recently, I enjoy them immensely, yadda yadda yadda.

Last night, I was spraying ointment onto my Old English Bulldog, Maggie, to remedy her irritated skin. A stray squirt hit Maggie in the eye, putting her in dire straits. Luckily, I am in the middle of reading "Do No Harm," so I knew exactly what to do. I immediately grabbed my water bottle that I use to wet my hair, and proceeded to squirt fresh water into her eye for the next two minutes. Her eye was back to 100% soon after, thanks to the fact that I just happen to be a fan of yours. Thank you for saving Maggie's eye. As soon as I find a job and get back out of the financial hole I'm in, purchasing your latest book will be the first thing I do.

Take care,
Scott Awtrey
Dallas, TX

2 comments:

Jen Forbus said...

See, there's a ton of value in crime fiction! This is very cute.

Timothy Hallinan said...

Get the man a job. You've got a book and a backlist to support.

See you on the 23rd and thanks for the very exclusive invitation.