Saturday, January 26, 2008

Horror Movie of the Year

Far and away the best horror movie I've seen this year - in fact, in many years, is The Orphanage. I don't want to say anything about it for fear of giving away anything. But it is a staggering psychological study. There are virtually no cheap thrills, just a slow, mounting terror. It is amazing.

And while I'm on movies, I should list my favorites of the past year (since, for the first time, I'm not on any best-film or -script panels, so I'm not sworn to secrecy).

Best Drama: Michael Clayton.
Best Comedy: Juno.

What were your favorite movies of 2007?

Oh, and here's a great little real-life amateur detective story you might enjoy.

3 comments:

Aquaryan said...

Honestly, there are no movies that currently stand out that I have seen. I have been meaning to catch Into the Wild with Emile Hirsch.

I am not interested in There Will be Blood or No Country For Old Men.

I want to catch the The Orphanage, as well.

forby01 said...

I also loved Juno. Haven't had a chance to catch Michael Clayton yet; I'm waiting for it from the library. However, I did really like Sweeney Todd and Charlie Wilson's War.

The biggest disappointment for me was Gone Baby Gone. Love, love, love the book. I also think Ed Harris is phenomenal; they just didn't do justice to the overall book.

dinoibo said...

Really trustworthy blog thanks.
Sesli sohbet Sesli chat
Seslisohbet Seslichat
Sesli sohbet siteleri Sesli chat siteleri
Sesli Chat
Sohbet Sesli siteler
Sohbet siteleri Chat siteleri
Sohbet merkezi chat merkezi
Sesli merkezi sesli Sohbet merkezi
Sesli chat merkezi Sohbetmerkezi
Sesli Sohbet Sesli Chat
SesliSohbet Sesli chat siteleri
Sesli sohbet siteleri SesliChat
Sesli Sesli siteler
Seslimuhabbet sesli muhabbet
sesli sohbet sesli chat siteleri
sesli sohbet siteleri sesli chat
seslisohbet seslichat
seslikent sesli kent
sesli sohbet sesli sohbet siteleri
sesli chat sesli chat siteleri
seslisohbet seslichat