Monday, January 23, 2006

What You're Reading

A while ago, I posted a question on the website, asking what you'd read lately that you loved. Here are a few of the more unusual titles:

BLUE BLOOD, Edward Conlon's memoir about his first five years on the NYPD. I haven't read this yet, but I've heard wonderful things and can't wait to pick it up.

An advanced readers copy of EVERYTHING I'M CRACKED UP TO BE, by Jen Trynin. The book will be out in February 2006, so you heard about it first here.

Carlos Ruiz Zafon's SHADOW OF THE WIND.

A number of you were kind enough to mention my books, which I suppose makes sense, since that's how you found your way to my website. But thank you.

I'm reading Daniel Silva's A DEATH IN VIENNA, recommended to me by Chris Mooney, and I'm enjoying it very much. Silva manages to be sophisticated without being pretentious, and his research is extensive, his dialogue stunning - he's really a next-level author. I look forward to meeting him one of these tours.

Anything else you'd like to add?

1 comment:

Aquaryan said...

Hey, Gregg, this is Kyle...I have hit a slump when it comes to reading novels. I did pick up a couple of Daniel Silva's novels. As for other authors, I read Jack DuBrul, Matthew Reilly, James Rollins/Clemens, John Saul, Douglas Clegg, Robert Ross and more....Vancouver, BC, still needs a book signing. Hopefully, one of these days, you will be able to come up here.