Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Tell Me This Isn't a Charles Willeford Story....(or a Scott Phillips)

Here's my favorite news story of the year: the essence of dark noir....
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


A 13-year old Virginia Beach boy is being held at the Virginia Beach Detention Center after police say he abducted an exotic dancer last Tuesday night.

According to officials, the dancer showed up at a pre-arranged appointment at a residence - subsequently discovered to be vacant - in the 700 block of South Rosemont Road around 6:30pm.

The woman noticed the client was a juvenile, but was told that the contract was for his older brother. Police say the woman waited for a while, but no one else showed up.

Authorities say when the woman eventually tried to leave the residence, she was stopped by the juvenile who pointed a shotgun at her and ordered her to dance.

The dancer diverted the boy's attention and tried to dial 911 on her cell phone. According to police, the juvenile then grabbed the phone. During the struggle, the woman bit the boy's hand and was able to break free and run to her car.

Police say their investigation identified the suspect, and also led them to believe that another juvenile was involved in the plan to abduct the dancer. Investigators are working on identifying the second suspect.

The initial 13-year old suspect was arrested Thursday. He is charged with abduction by force, conspiracy, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, brandishing a firearm, and transporting and possessing an assault firearm at age 13.

6 comments:

Aquaryan said...

Sounds to weird to be true, but these days, I would not be surprised to hear stories like this one.

Aquaryan said...

Sounds to weird to be true, but these days, I would not be surprised to hear stories like this one.

Ellen Clair Lamb said...

MAN, I'm proud to call Virginia Beach my hometown. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hi GreggHurwitz.net, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on online jobs work from home when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for online jobs work from home. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about online jobs work from home at the site above.

Dale's Gmail said...

Hi GreggHurwitz.net, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on legit work from home, I ended up on your page. Your site title of Tell Me This Isn't a Charles Willeford Story....(or a Scott Phillips) shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about legit work from home.

Anonymous said...

Hi GreggHurwitz.net, you have a nice blog. Glad to see it. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on make money online and work at home when I found your page. Your site is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need
information on make money online and work at home then drop by the site above and check it out.